Tuesday, September 23, 2008

So far as a man may be proud of a religion rooted in humility, I am very proud of my religion; I am especially proud of those parts of it that are most commonly called superstition. I am proud of being fettered by antiquated dogmas and enslaved by dead creeds (as my journalistic friends repeat with so much pertinacity), for I know very well that it is the heretical creeds that are dead, and that it is only the reasonable dogma that lives long enough to be called antiquated.
-- From Autobiography (1936)

3 comments:

Old Fashioned Liberal said...

Just in case anyone hadn't already noticed, this was the 300th post.

Lucia Rosa said...

A very appropriate topic for a milestone post, right?

Tim J. said...

Congratulations!

I'm just past 200.

Keep it up! I drop by almost every day.