Thursday, June 22, 2006

Another Introduction

I am a sixteen year old girl whose interests are rather wide and varied, but include music, sailing, and reading—especially reading Chesterton.
My first introduction to Chesterton when one of my friends and I took turns reading aloud a Father Brown story to each other. Since then I’ve read all the Chesterton fiction I could get a hold of, and a couple of his non-fiction works too.
There are far too many good Chesterton quotes for me to pick my favourite, but here are a couple good ones:

“Journalism consists largely in saying “Lord James is dead” to people who never knew Lord James was alive.”

"A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it."

There are also the quotes that I suggested on the theme quote post.

2 comments:

Ria said...

Welcome Lewis, those are great quotes too. I love the quote about journalism, I read it on the GKC: the Collosal Genius (which by the way you can find in the sidebar). In fact I got quite a few of the quotes I know from there instead of from the actual books, I need to work on that.

gigi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.